PEC Merit Scholarship Scheme (2012-13):
- PEC Management Committee approved twelve
merit scholarships for postgraduate and undergraduate talented/deserving students,
registered with the Engineering Universities/ Institutions of Pakistan for Masters
and Bachelor of Engineering in various engineering
disciplines. Scholarships will be awarded to the Sons/Daughters of registered engineers of the council on the basis of good academic standing,
motivation and commitment. Allocation of Scholarships, on yearly basis shall be
- Two Masters Scholarships each for the province of Punjab, Sindh, Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa
and Balochistan for male/female. (Eight Scholarships)
- One Masters Scholarships each for AJK, FATA and Northern Areas for male/female.
- One BE scholarship for a female engineering student from the province
2. Eligibility Criterion
Criterion for award of the scholarship shall be as under:-
- Applicant must be a citizen of Pakistan and is Son/Daughter of engineer
registered with PEC.
- He/she be a registered/professional engineer with PEC (except applicant
for BE Scholarship).
- He/she shall have full time enrolment in an accredited engineering program
of a local Government University/Institution.
In case of scholarship for Masters degree the applicant must have a
domicile of the respective province. However, applicant can be
enrolled in any university/institution
- For undergraduate female scholarship, the applicant must have a domicile
of Balochistan province.
- He/she shall not be concurrently availing any other scholarship.
3. Selection Procedure
The program will be administered by PEC through its Scholarship Committee (comprising
three members of the PEC Governing Body). The committee will scrutinize and review
all the applications and forward their recommendations to the Chairman PEC for final
4. How to Apply?
Applications for ‘PEC Merit Scholarships’ will be called for the accredited programs
by PEC through local universities/institutions,
by October 15, every year. Applications duly recommended by respective Chairman/Head
of the Department must be received at HQ PEC by November 15. The application will
be scrutinized, processed and finalized by December 15, and scholarship announced/awarded
for the Scholarship can be downloaded
here or obtained from HQ PEC and its Branch Offices
at Karachi, Quetta, Lahore, Peshawar and Gilgit.
Scholarship Application Form
5. For Further Information:
Contact PEC through e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
or by post/fax through;
Pakistan Engineering Council
Ataturk Avenue (East) G-5/2,
P.O. Box: 1296,
Phone: +(92-51) 9219500, 2829348
Fax: +(92-51) 2276224